Muv-Luv Unlimited The Day After - Nipple restoration for Steam version

Black99

Yes, finally a Muv-Luv game is going to have suits with nipples again. The original JP version had nipples in the suits of women, it was removed from the Steam release. Whatever you find stupid or not the fact these suits shows nipples in women I just want to restore the content as should be. 

Muv-Luv Unlimited TDA had a port to a new engine, and  thanks to that with the tool "Special K" I was able to extract and inject back the images/assets without touching the game's files directly, so I decided to personally add back the original sprites and CG from the JP version. 

Only TDA 00 and 01 was censored (sprites and a few CGs), while 02 and 03 didn't had censorship because the nipples were removed in JP launch (basically it can't be considered censorship, or maybe it's auto censorship but it's debatable). Considering that, I'm wondering if adding the sprites to 02 and 03 just for the sake of consistency; the problem is the new characters starting from 02, I haven't played enough so I can't tell.

If you're wondering about original trilogy and fandisk, sadly the tool crash with these games.

Can I edit the font?... Nope, the tool detect words as unique images, it doesn't detect any font.

The tool is known to be incompatible with some programs, but generally works without problem. BTW, at the end of the TDA 00 there's a sprite of certain character that I wasn't able to extract, for some reason the tool doesn't detect it, everything is fine, I guess. 

If you get an overlay/message when starting, it means that the patch is working. If you get a crash + followed by a Metal Gear Solid alert, it means there's a program incompatible with the tool that prevents the tool from booting, it can be Rivasturner or an overlay. 

Download link

TDA 00https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oe0RzOUjJqYjMB7M33VZrL_uCypAru4Y/view?usp=sharing
TDA 01https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i3cnYU2ekNarnwOQYE7AOg6p08QtCPdM/view?usp=sharing

Steam version

TDA00https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NiTmieB3_3Y-9q_xDrgYNvvhnFR-Oigj/view
TDA01https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ckjNhj4Rvw7-C6zRxT4Zy--dAbNTQOgu/view

Thanks to Adamine for testing the game on Steam and uploading the fixed files.

Preview NSFW?

Spoiler

SPOILER_tda00-win64vc14-release_2xG3WYzS

Edited by Black99
added steam legit patch

The steam version translation is a travesty, is not just a "localization", they basically added countless sentences just to make it political correct, this goes from minor edits to adding whole new sentences just to make the characters sound very PC, this goes for sex, politics, jokes, etc you name it.

I would say that the voice acting in the main characters is a positive thing but that's pretty much it.

So yeah, nipples wasnt the only thing they censored in the steam version, basically the whole scrip was changed.

18 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

The steam version translation is a travesty, is not just a "localization", they basically added countless sentences just to make it political correct, this goes from minor edits to adding whole new sentences just to make the characters sound very PC, this goes for sex, politics, jokes, etc you name it.

I would say that the voice acting in the main characters is a positive thing but that's pretty much it.

So yeah, nipples wasnt the only thing they censored in the steam version, basically the whole scrip was changed.

It's worth to mention that the audio quality is very bad. They didn't encoded it correctly. 

I wonder if someone is going to study how to unpack/repack the .bin file, I've read at least two users that can't start the game. lol But like 99% users are pirates and considering the game is expensive... *sigh* bad luck, I can't do something beyond asking to a friend to test the game, though he reported the game is working fine in his end.

And I can't ask for help in the Muv-Luv's (un)official server because the people there were aggressive with this patch (like "NOOOOOOOO WHY WOULD YOU RESTORE THE GAME, NIPPLES IS STUPID!!!"), I won't spend my time dealing with a bunch of fanboys defending anchor like they were employees (I really love Muv-Luv but I dislike what they're doing, such censoring the game without providing patch).

Edited by Black99

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Has anyone else encountered an issue where the client does not open after implementing the patch? It did work for like a day, but afterwards the client refuses to open. The log files in the log folder don't yield anything useful (they're all blank). From what I can tell, the dxgi.dll file seems to be the cause. After I remove or rename that file, the client opens without the patch. Unfortunately, my knowledge with these sorts of files are limited and I have no idea how to resolve this on my end.